The water heater is one of the most important yet one of the most ignored appliances at your home. You hardly think about your water heater and never spend money or time on the maintenance of your water heater. No one pays any attention to their water heater as far as there is a problem in its functionality or it is completely damaged. If you face any problem with your water heater, find water heater repair immediately and get the assistance of the best water heater repair professional.
You must know something about your water heater and its repair procedure. It will help you to identify any dispute in your water heater. After that, you will be able to hire the best water heater repair professional. It will be helpful if you hire a professional in an early stage of a dispute, otherwise, it may turn into a bigger problem and you might have to replace your water heater with a new one.
Here, in this article, we will discuss the water heater repair procedures that you must know. But first, you should know some details about your water heater.
Types of water heater:
To find water heater repair you must know all the types of water heater and find out what kind of water heater you have. There are so many types of water heaters according to their variety of designs and their purpose of use. Some of the common types of water heaters are Tankless Water Heater, Storage Water Heater, Hybrid Water Heater, Solar Water Heater, etc.
Rectification of your water heater:
When you face any kind of problem with your water heater, you should hire professionals. They will come to your house and check your water heater thoroughly to rectify the condition of your water heater and identify the problem. Afterward, they will treat your water heater accordingly. Some of the common problems that you may face with your water heater are as follows:
- Leakage in the water heater: Whenever you notice leakage of water in your water heater or its piping system, it can be a symptom of a problem in your water heater. In this case, first, you have to try to find the site of leakage. If you are unable to find the leakage, you should consider hiring a professional instantly, otherwise, it may turn into a bigger issue. The most obvious origin of leakage is the drain valves of the water heater, cold and hot water inlets, the valve of temperature and pressure release, the lower part of the water heater. You may find leakage in these areas and it can be repaired easily. There can be so many reasons for the leakage of your water heater, one of the reasons is dampness. Depending on the area of leakage, the professional will repair your water heater. Sometimes it needs to be replaced if there are no other options left.
- The supply of hot water gets lower: If you are receiving a short amount of hot water you are always used up with hot water, then it is a problem in your water heater. This can happen due to damaged dip tubes. The function of a dip tube is to drive the cold water to get warm with the help of the bottom of the water heater. When the tube gets damaged, this function gets obstructed. As a result, the supply of hot water gets lower. This problem can be fixed by replacing the damaged dip tube with a new one.
- No supply of hot water at all: If your water heater stops the supply of hot water, it is a major problem. In this case, you must hire a water heater repair professional. If you have an electric water heater and it shows this kind of problem, the reason can be a damaged heating element, a damaged gas valve, an exploded valve, or a faulty thermocouple. When you hire professionals, they will inspect your water heater thoroughly and find out the damaged part. Your water heater can be fixed by replacing the damaged part. After that, your water heater will work normally and provide you with hot water.
- Getting discolored water: Getting discolored water from your water heater can be a sign of damage in it, as the faucets are meant to provide clear water. The reason for this problem can be the worsening of the anode rod or the water heater tank. This problem can be fixed if it is detected in the early stages. So you must hire a professional if you face this kind of problem, otherwise, it might not be fixed and need to be replaced.
- Moderate water pressure: When the pressure from your water heater gets low, it can be a problem. This kind of problem is seen if your water heater gets older. Your water heater produces calcium deposits which get settled inside the pipelines. This process gets increased with time. These calcium deposits may block the pipelines and result in decreasing the water pressure. This problem can be fixed by replacing the pipelines when you think the water pressure gets extremely low. You can take the assistance of a professional too.
These are some common problems that can be experienced in a water heater. Try to provide your water heater with regular maintenance to avoid these problems. This article will help you to understand and detect the problems with your water heater.
Author Bio:- Angela Louise
Angela is a marketing manager at EZ Plumbing USA. She has a great interest in educating readers about various leakages that can happen in their home or offices through her articles. With extensive knowledge of water leak and slab leak detection techniques as well as HVAC systems, Angela wants to make readers aware about the warning signs indicating leakage and predictive AC and Heater maintenance and also how to fix them to refrain from dangerous and costly consequences.
Read articles to get more valuable information about detection and damages of water and slab leak repair, techniques to fix clogging, and installation and maintenance of AC & Appliance in San Diego.