Frankincense oil, known as the “King of oils,” has been used for generations to treat various ailments. Frankincense has a wide range of notable uses and benefits. Today it’s now mostly used in aromatherapy to calm the mind, increase energy, promote rejuvenation and healing, improve cellular health and immunity, and induce a healthy inflammatory response when taken internally, among other benefits.
What Is Frankincense Good For?
Frankincense has numerous benefits, which is why so many people use it. Here are some of the numerous benefits of using frankincense essential oil.
- Helps In The Reduction Of Stress Reactions And Negative Emotions
Frankincense oil, when inhaled, lowers heart rate and blood pressure. It possesses anti-anxiety and anti-depression properties, yet it has no harmful side effects or causes undesirable sleepiness.
- Reduces Feelings Of Anxiety
It can help quiet a busy mind and reduce tension thanks to its soothing effects.
- Boosts Concentration And Mood
In the same way that it helps with stress and anxiety, frankincense can help you feel less stressed, improve your mood and concentration.
- Kills Harmful Bacteria And Germs
Frankincense has been used for centuries as an antiseptic and disinfectant due to its antibacterial properties. It can also be used instead of chemical cleaners in the home.
- Heals and prevents Signs Of Aging On The Skin
Frankincense benefits for the skin include
- It is strengthening the skin and improve stone, defense mechanisms against bacteria or blemishes, elasticity, and appearance as one age.
- Promote skin tone
- Reduces wrinkles, scars, and acne appearance
- Heals wounds
- Removes stretch marks, surgery scars, or marks associated with pregnancy.
- Heals dry or cracked skin.
How To Use Frankincense Essential Oil
There’s so much you can do with frankincense essential oil. You can take it in the form of a capsule, or you can use it by applying it to your skin lotions or creams. Before using this essential oil on your skin, dilute it with a carrier oil.
Carrier oils include Coconut oil, Olive oil, Jojoba oil, Avocado oil, et al.
- Massage sore muscles or joints with a few drops of lavender essential oil in a carrier oil or your favorite lotion or cream to relieve pain.
- Make your own mouthwash with water, salt, and frankincense for a refreshing change to your brushing routine. Alternatively, a few drops can be added to a homemade paste.
- Frankincense essential oil can be diffused or vaporized and inhaled for a relaxing, earthy aroma that helps to ease stress and anxiety.
- Killing microorganisms in the air can be done by adding a few drops of Frankincense essential oil to a diffuser or mixing it with water to make an air refreshing spray.
- Spraying frankincense essential oil in your bedroom at night can help you relax and prepare for sleep.
- Add a few drops of the oil to your bath to relax and relieve stress.
- Mix frankincense oil with other essential oils and dilute the mixture in your cosmetics to make natural anti-aging face cream.
- For anti-anxiety and mood-boosting aromatherapy benefits, diffuse frankincense or dab the oil on your pulse points.
- Apply a few drops of frankincense to a chest salve if you have a cold, allergies, sinus infection, or another respiratory problem.
Frankincense is a tried-and-true essential oil with many uses. Always test it on a patch to ensure it won’t bother your skin and don’t eat it unless a doctor says so. Visit Stress Less Oil More for more information on Frankincense essential oil.
[…] Frankincense oil, known as the “King of oils,” has been used for generations to treat various ailments. Frankincense has a wide range of notable uses and benefits. […]