Are you looking to get gel nails at home? DIY gel nails can save you time and money. You do not have to rush to the salon once and again for new nails.
Doing your nails at home is not that tough or different. The process is similar to that followed in the salon. As long as you have everything necessary for the process, you can accomplish any beautiful-looking gel nails (even cat eye nail designs) at home. You need to have an at-home gel nail kit and the patience to know the steps involved in the process.
You might be thinking about whether you should get gel nails or not. Don’t worry; we will start from scratch.
Should I Do My Nails At Home?
Giving regular manicures and care to your nails at home can be healthy for them. Plus, it can be an excellent opportunity for you to learn at-home gel nail polishing.
There may be many benefits to doing nails at home.
- Cost-effective. When you have the option to do nails at home without spending thousands at the salon, what could be better? You only need to buy suitable products and get your nails done whenever you want. The best at-home gel nail kits are even cheaper than your one trip to the salon. You would even avoid the service charges.
- Time savings. At-home gel nail sessions can save your time to go to the salon. You do not have to travel to the salon to save your traveling time. Plus, you can avoid the rush hours to get the nails done. Often salons let you wait for at least 15-20 minutes before it’s your turn to get the manicure.
- You learn to be creative. Getting your nails done at home allows you to be creative. Bringing out beautiful gel nail ideas and styles makes you think broader. It allows you to try colors, designs and add personalized styles to your gel nails.
- They last longer. Often, each gel nail session at home can save you from getting 10-20 manicures. They last for a really long time and have impressive volume than other nail polish. The gel nail starter kit is everything from long-lasting to time-saving.
- It’s better. Nail salons do not allow you to soak the nails for long. They rush to remove your gel nail polish and result in slight damage to the nails. At-home gel manicures allow you to be patient with your nails and get them off smoothly.
What your gel nail kit should include
Getting your nails done at home needs you to have all the equipment readily available. It is better to get a kit than to shop for different items separately. Here is a list of things that your gel nail kit must include.
- LED lamp or UV Lamp
- Nail buffer
- Glass or crystal files
- Orangewood sticks or stainless steel filers
- Gel polish colors
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cuticle oil
Steps to Do Your Gel Nails at Home
- Prep your nails- cut them and shape them with a fiker.
- Apply Cuticle Oil
- Buff them to make the nails surface even.
- Wipe the nails with running alcohol using a cloth. It will keep away dist left after buffing.
- Use base coat
- Use gel nail polish
- Now apply the topcoat.
- When you are done, massage the cuticles.
How to remove gel nail polish
You can remove the gel nail polish when it is time to change them. Remove them using the following methods.
- Soak them in acetone.
- Use a gel removal steamer.
- Use nail paint remover.
You no more need to make visits to the salon for gel nails. Get yourself the best at-home gel manicure kit and get the nails you want.