It could be easy to have a romantic and funny relationship in your first marriage. It is a fresh start of your life; during the divorce remarriage, the couple already has a relationship image in their mind from the previous marriage. Trying to work out your slow-moving relation and you might not even know where to start. Every wedding is unique, especially when it is for the second time; the couple has to deal with a lot in it. One of the solutions to remove the awkwardness between you and your partner, communication may do the job.
Try to be positive, avoid blaming your previous relations, stalling, and launching personal attacks on each other. Building a new relationship will take some time, so be patient. Second Shaadi Punjabi or in other religions is not common in ancient India. This is the culture of a new and developed India. They have given rights to women to relive in their lives.
- Identify the issues you face in new marital life: if your conflict is centred on a major violation, you still need to look for problems you are going through in a relationship.
- If you are cheated earlier, try to rebuild trust, your partner needs to confront the factors, which leads to infidelity. You still need to figure out the underlying issues.
- Look for some possible things to make your relation better: figure out what you both may do to figure out your new relationship and identify the personality. Both partners have to put some effort into resolving the relationship difficulties. Try to draw a line down the middle of a sheet of paper. List of the things you could work on and, on the other side, list down things your partner needs to do. You may write that you need to focus less on work, stop doing orders on your partner, and be more affectionate.
- Commit to working on your individual shortcoming: when you discuss the potential solutions, focus on how you may contribute to a solution instead of concentrating on the changes your partner needs to make. Discuss it with your partner and talk about the changes you both need to adopt.
- Try to adopt constructive feedback: every partner gets annoyed with each other and may complain about pet peeves. If you both face constant personal attacks due to your past relationship, this is wrong. Instead of which you may express how you are feeling by talking about your feelings.
- Relax, breathe and stop: no matter how irritated you are with your partner, do your best to control your negative emotions. In order to save your marriage, you both have to keep your emotions in check.
- Avoid making assumptions: give your partner the benefit of the doubt instead of always pre assuming their words and actions are malicious. For instance, if your partner is short-tempered, maybe they have a terrible day at work.