Mosquitoes are one of those irritants that no one likes to be around. It doesn’t matter if you are at your home, office, friend’s house, or out camping; mosquitoes may irritate you to the degree that you can’t fathom and can ruin many precious moments of life. Understandably, you don’t want to be distracted from whatever you’re doing, whether it’s watching TV on your couch, reading a book in your home library, or working. The most annoying thing is when mosquitoes wake you up in the middle of the night. Aside from the general annoyances of the mosquitos, they may also transmit a variety of life-threatening illnesses such as malaria, dengue fever, West Nile virus, Saint Louis encephalitis, yellow fever, among others.
On the other hand, humans always find a solution to their challenges. Let’s look at some of the most efficient organic home remedies and how they work. However, if all else fails, you can head to a mosquito control center like Mosquito Authority and get every last of those pests out of the house.
Natural Solutions For Mosquitoes
- Citronella: One of the most well-known home remedies is citronella. According to research, citronella can give 100% protection against three varieties of mosquitoes for up to 2 hours when applied directly to the skin. However, be careful, as citronella can also irritate the skin in high doses.
- Lemon-scented Eucalyptus Oil: To prepare a DIY mosquito home remedy spray that works effectively on your body, combine 10 mL lemon eucalyptus oil with 90 ml of coconut oil. Stir the spray container before spraying it where it’s needed. You may make the spray lighter by adding a little water. The presence of chemicals like citronellal and p-menthane 3,8-diol (PMD) in lemon eucalyptus oil makes it effective for all kinds of insect control.
- Neem Oil: Neem oil is commonly used to repel mosquitoes since the herb has a resilient aroma and inherent qualities that repel insects. When mixed, neem oil and coconut oil have been shown in research to be an effective mosquito repellant. To produce an excellent natural mosquito repellent, combine a few drops of neem oil, a little quantity of coconut oil, and hot water. Please apply to the places where you need it.
- A Mixture of Rosemary and Lemongrass Essential Oils: The combination of rosemary oil and lemongrass oil works wonders for repelling mosquitoes. Because they are both organic and herbal, they have limited adverse effects. Citronella and limonene, which are found in lemongrass oil, repel insects. Natural mosquito repellents limonene, eucalyptol, and camphor in rosemary oil. To produce a superb home remedy for mosquitoes that works best, mix a few drops of lemongrass oil, rosemary oil with a particular amount of coconut oil, and heated water in your spray container.
- Catnip Oil: Catnip is a member of the mint family. You can use Catnip essential oil to repel mosquitoes to a great extent. The use of catnip essential oil also deters yellow fever mosquitoes. It can repel two mosquito species for at least two hours, including the house mosquito.
Natural Vs. Professional Mosquito Control
Naturally produced insect repellents, such as those indicated above can efficiently repel mosquitoes and avoid bites. On the other hand, professional mosquito treatment is not only more successful than home cures, but it is also the safest alternative. Mosquitoes are a problem for most of the homes in North Carolina. Residents want to spend their free time doing activities they enjoy, but they don’t want to risk their lives by becoming infected with illnesses spread by mosquitoes, such as West Nile or Chikungunya. Citronella, lemon-scented eucalyptus oil mosquito, neem oil, catnip oil, and other natural insect repellents are just temporary treatments; professional mosquito control is the durable and easy option. Your safety is our top priority at Mosquito Authority. We employ lowered risk solutions that are EPA authorized for commercial use to safeguard you from various pests-borne diseases in the least intrusive way possible. Furthermore, all personnel here are certified, ensuring that the protocol is used with a thorough approach to assessment, diagnosis, and protection.
Mosquito Authority officials are familiar with the behaviors of each mosquito species and have a variety of mosquito control options to ensure that the risk is entirely resolved. The customized Comprehensive Mosquito Control treatments here work against all types of mosquito outbreaks. Mosquito Authority provides a call-out service for mosquitoes and other insect infestations in the house. The services are quick, efficient, and provide the best degree of protection for you and your family.