This Best Homemade Pizza recipe is it! This pizza will be a favourite every week! You’ll soon be making pizza like a pro with my tips and tricks!
This homemade pizza recipe is affordable and tastes better than a take-out pizza. The recipe makes two 14-inch pies and can be used to feed 6-8 people. It costs $7.22, and this recipe costs only $1.20 per portion!
Pizza night is the best! You can also try this Strawberry Pizza With Bacon and Balsamic, this BBQ Chicken Pizza and this Fruit Pizza as a dessert. Additionally here are our reviews on Best wood Fired Pizza Oven in case it interests you.
Ingredients and cost
Serving cost: $1.20
Recipe cost: $7.22
- One recipe pizza dough – $1.23
- One teaspoon yellow cornmeal – $0.01
- 1 Tablespoon olive Oil – $0.14
- One recipe pizza sauce – $1.95
- 40 pepperoni slices – $0.80
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese – $0.99
- 2 cups whole milk mozzarella cheese – $2.10
Note: Recipe prices were calculated using websites of grocery stores. The ingredients you have will affect the cost of your recipe.
Pizza Stone Instructions
- First, prepare the dough recipe—Preheat the oven to 500°F for 30 minutes.
- Place parchment paper on top and sprinkle cornmeal all over it. Next, place one dough ball on the pizza peel and press it out into a circle of 14 inches. Finally, brush the outside edge of the dough with olive oil.
- Two paper towels should be placed on a microwave-safe plate. Spread the pepperoni evenly on the plate. Cover the plate with two paper towels and cook for 30 seconds. Use the top paper towels to remove any grease and place them aside.
- Spread the pizza sauce on top of the pizza dough. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of the pizza dough. Next, sprinkle mozzarella cheese and pepperoni pieces over it.
- Then, slide the pizza onto the preheated pizza pan using the pizza peel. Bake for between 8-12 minutes. Allow the pizza to rest for five minutes before cutting and serving.
- Continue with remaining toppings and dough.
Round Pizza Pan Instructions
- Prepare the pizza dough recipe. Place the oven rack in the lowest position—Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Next, sprinkle cornmeal on two round 14-inch pizza pans.
- Next, move one dough ball onto one of the saucepans and shape the dough into a 14-inch circle. Olive oil should be used to brush the dough’s edges.
- Assemble the pizza according to the instructions.
- Bake the pizza for between 10-14 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and cooked through. Allow the pizza to rest for five minutes before cutting and serving.
- Continue with remaining toppings and dough.
Substitutions and Recipe Variations
Pizza Dough I explain my preferred methods, ingredients, and pizza tools in this pie dough article. There are also crucial freezing tips!
Pizza Sauce My Homemade Pizza Sauce is so much better than store-bought, and you can make it in your blender. It’s also freezer-friendly!
Pizza Cheese – To make the best Pepperoni Pizzas, combine two types of Cheese: Parmesan and whole-milk mozzarella.
Parmesan cheese – I use this to add flavour and texture to the pizza.
Whole milk mozzarella – This Cheese melts better than part-skim mozzarella. (I find part-skim mozzarella a bit rubbery). Finding whole milk mozzarella in your local grocery store can sometimes be difficult, and it’s usually not available in the dairy aisle’s brick-cheese section. I have had luck finding it at a deli counter, and I ask the staff at the deli counter to cut off 1/2 pound for me, then I shred it at home.
Pepperoni – Although I love pepperoni, I don’t particularly appreciate how it leaves oily marks on pizzas while baking. To get rid of extra grease, I wiped the pizza’s top with a paper towel. But not this recipe!
I use a microwave to reduce the amount of pepperoni grease that builds up on my pizza. To do this, I place the pepperoni between two sheets of paper towels, and the paper towel absorbs any extra oil and makes the best homemade pizza.
Pizza Topping Rules
Each pizza should not contain more than half a cup of toppings. If you add fresh vegetables like bell peppers, onions, or broccoli to your pizza, you can heat them in the microwave for 30-60 seconds or until they soften. You won’t get crunchy, uncooked vegetables on your pizza.
Pizza Topping Combinations
There are so many options for topping pizzas! You should not use more than 1/2 cup of toppings per pizza. These are my top-favourite combinations:
- Pepperoni and Cheese – you can’t go wrong with this classic!
- Firefighter – Instead of sauce, use ranch dressing and add pepperoni and jalapenos to the pizza.
- Canadian Bacon and Pineapple: You can use fresh or canned Canadian Bacon and Pineapple
- Veggie: Bell pepper, onion and mushroom; tomato; and sliced olives.
- Pepperoni, Italian sausages, beef, ham, and bacon are all great options for meat lovers. Before putting toppings on your pizza, make sure they are all cooked.
- BBQ Chicken – BBQ chicken with red onions, bacon, and cilantro.
- Chicken and Bacon – Use ranch or alfredo instead of red sauce and top the pizza with small pieces of cooked chicken and crumbled bacon.
- Buffalo Wing Sauce – Use 1/3 cup ranch and 1/3 cup buffalo wings sauce to make the sauce. Add small pieces of cooked chicken tenders to the top of your pizza.
- If you don’t like it, you can add your favourite toppings to the pepperoni. Each pizza should have no more than 1/2 cup of toppings.
- If you add fresh vegetables like bell peppers, onions, or broccoli to your pizza, I recommend heating them in the microwave for 30-60 seconds or until they soften. You won’t get crunchy, uncooked vegetables on your pizza.