QuickBooks is a powerful accounting program that includes hundreds of functions to assist entrepreneurs and accountants. This software is known for providing top-rated solutions to its users, and it is recognized by millions. But, unsurprisingly, this excellent software is not without its flaws, one of which being QuickBooks Error 15106.
Due to faults or human mistakes, this annoying issue is frequently encountered at the installation of the most recent updates. This problem prevents the software from updating to the latest versions. This indicates that QB is either corrupted or inoperable.
After experiencing this issue, your screen will be occupied by this error code warning reading, “The update software can’t be accessed or the update application is damaged”. As a result, you won’t be able to complete crucial tasks impacting your efficiency, time, and cost. So, you must begin troubleshooting it as soon as possible to eliminate any undesired consequences.
This informative article delves into QuickBooks Error 15106 in-depth, including why it occurs, what it means, and how to correct it. Let’s get started.
Reasons For Quickbooks Update Error 15106
- Some antivirus such as Norton is interrupting the pending installation of your software.
- QuickBooks error 15106 also occurred by not logging in with admin rights.
- Spy Sweeper presence.
- Invalid User Account Control settings.
- Other third-party apps and anti-malware programs could also arise this problem.
Repairing Quickbooks Error 15106 With Effective Techniques
With the best techniques mentioned in this post, you will surely tackle this issue easily. Let’s get started:
Solution 1: Making QB Compatible with the Newest Version
Sometimes incompatibility of QB with the new version leads to the occurrence of Quickbooks error 15106. You can quickly correct it by the following steps:
- Firstly, open QuickBooks.
- Click “Help”.
- Select “Update QuickBooks”
- Now, hit “Mark all” present under “Options”.
- Thereafter, click on “Save”.
- Moving on, tap on “Update Now”.
- Here, mark “Reset Update Now”.
- Then click “Get Updates”.
- At last, check if you are again seeing Quickbooks error 15106, then check out the next effective troubleshooting technique.
Solution 2: Log in as an Admin
If you are not logging in using your username, you won’t have full control over the data. This could result in the emergence of this bothersome problem. To prevent this, follow these instructions:
- To begin, right-click on the QB icon and click “Run as Administrator.”
- Now, enter your passwords and click “OK.” If the problems continue, move on to the third method of troubleshooting.
Solution 3: Checking WebRoot Spyware Sweeper
To check if the WebRoot Spyware Sweeper is appropriate, follow these steps:
- Firstly, access Task Manager.
- Visit “More Details”.
- Now, under “Processes” find Spysweeper.exe and verify that it is active or not.
- You can eliminate the problem by removing or uninstalling the software. This can be done by accessing “Add/Remove Programs” and fixing it.
- Reach the option stated as “Add or Remove Programs”.
- Find “Spy sweeper”.
- Moving on, Uninstall it.
- At last, restart your PC and install the updates of QB.
Solution 4: Disable UAC (User Account Control)
- Push “Windows + R”.
- Open “Run”.
- Write up “Control Panel” and hit “OK”.
- Click “User Accounts” preceded by hitting the option “User Accounts”.
- Now hit “Change The Settings User Account Control”. Select “Yes” when asked.
- Moving further, hit “Never Notify” and disable “UAC”. In case you feel like turning it on, just tap on “Always Notify”.
- In the end, restart the system.
Solution 5: Disabling the Existing Antivirus and Renaming the QB Folder
Sometimes existing antivirus blocks the communication process of QB with the servers leading to the error 15106. Following steps have to be performed to repair it.
- Push the keys “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” together for accessing the “Task Manager”.
- Now, locate your antivirus and right-tap on it. (For Example: , Websweeper >> Websweeper.exe, Avast >>avast.exe)
- Thereafter select “End Task”.
- Hit “Yes”.
- Moving on, reach “QuickBooks Installation” via Windows File Explorer.
- Remember that you will see the installed QB at- C: \ Program Files \ Intuit \ QB (year) \ Components.
- Now, right-tap on either “Downloadqb20” or “Downloadqb19” and hit “Rename”.
- In the end, rename the chosen folder by including “OLD” at the end. Then update QB once again.
We assume that if you use the troubleshooting procedures described above, you will not experience QuickBooks Error 15106. Several professionals have recommended these repair techniques, as these are effective in resolving this problem. There are different examples for errors one of the errors is Quickbooks error 12031. Let us now bring this insightful article to an end. Please feel free to leave any helpful suggestions, opinions, or tips down below.