Struggling with Linksys RE6500 extender red light issue? If the answer to this question is in yes, then you need to follow the troubleshooting tips mentioned in the post and fix the issue in no time. Let’s begin, shall we?
Why Am I Getting Red Light on My Linksys RE6500 Extender?
Before we walk through the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this piece of writing, let’s first help you find the reason causing the issue. Keep scrolling down!
- Issues with your internet connection
- Longer hours of inactivity
- Linksys RE6500 extender is not connected to your existing router
- The Ethernet connection is not successfully established between your Linksys extender and router
- No WiFi from your ISP end
- Your Linksys extender’s hardware is damaged or faulty
- Viruses or other malware on your Linksys extender may also result in the issue
- Firmware on your Linksys extender is outdated
- Improper or incomplete Linksys RE6500 setup
How to Fix Linksys RE6500 Extender Red Light Issue?
The fixes highlighted below will help you resolve red light issue on your Linksys RE6500 extender. Continue reading!
- Reboot Your Linksys RE6500 Extender
Yes, you read it right! Sometimes, a simple reboot or restart is enough to fix red light issue on your Linksys RE6500 extender. To power cycle/ reboot your Linksys RE6500 extender, do the following:
- First of all, turn off the power being supplied to your Linksys RE6500 extender.
- Wait for some time.
- Turn on your Linksys RE6500 extender again.
- Let the power LED on your Linksys extender become stable.
Kudos! Your Linksys RE6500 extender has been power cycled/ rebooted successfully.
- Check the Cable Connections
Another important yet effective thing that you can do to rectify the red light issue on your Linksys RE6500 extender is to check the cable connections. At times, the cables are not correctly attached to your Linksys RE6500 extender properly, hanging loose or damaged due to which you are struggling with red light issue.
Thus, to cope up with the issue, disconnect the Ethernet cable, wait for a few minutes, and connect it back perfectly. Apart from that, ensure that the Ethernet cable you are using isn’t damaged. Bear in mind that the use of a faulty Ethernet cable can hamper your internet experience and also damage the inputs of your Linksys extender. So, ensure to use a well-maintained Ethernet cable.
Bonus Tip: If you don’t want to use the Ethernet cable to connect your devices, you are free to connect them in a wireless manner.
- Configure Your Linksys RE6500 Extender Properly
At times, you may struggle with red light issue on your Linksys extender due to improper configuration. Thus, to fix the issue, it is suggested to perform the Linksys extender setup properly.
- Update Your Extender’s Firmware
Outdated or corrupted Linksys extender firmware may also let you experience the annoying red light issue. To fix the issue and to make your Linksys RE6500 extender running smoothly, it is suggested to update its firmware timely.
To update Linksys extender firmware, do the following:
- Place your Linksys extender and router in close proximity. Connect them both with each other using a wireless or an Ethernet connection.
- Turn on your PC or laptop.
- Access the RE6500’s web-based setup page by opening a web browser and enter extender.linksys.com in the address bar.
- A pop-up window will appear.
- Enter the Linksys extender password and click on Log In.
- The Linksys extender’s web-based setup page will appear.
- Click on Firmware Upgrade and then on Choose File option.
- Select the downloaded firmware file and click on Start Upgrade.
The Linksys extender firmware update process will start on the same page. To prevent any issue, do not interrupt the firmware update process.
These were the 4 effective ways through which you can easily get rid of Linksys RE6500 extender red light issue. If you are still experiencing the same issue, contact our competent technical experts now.